Epson's New Projector Has Built-In DVD Player and Speakers for Multimedia Presentations
Oct 6, 2009
Epson PowerLite Presenter All-in-One Multimedia Projector Now Available at Retail for Photographers
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Oct. 6, 2009 – Epson today announced that the PowerLite Presenter, introduced earlier this year to the education market, will now also be available in leading retail outlets for entrepreneurs and businesses looking for a multimedia, widescreen presentation solution with integrated projector, DVD player and speakers. Featuring WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio) for widescreen presentations and 2,500 lumens color and white light output for vivid images, the PowerLite Presenter is an easy-to-use, portable solution for businesses integrating more audio and video into presentations.
“Business professionals are constantly looking for ways to enhance the way they deliver multimedia content to their audience. The PowerLite Presenter includes the features they need to bolster their presentations and improve their interaction with potential clients, customers and partners.” said Jason Meyer, product manager, Epson America. “It offers the versatility, portability and affordability that businesses demand from today’s technology tools.”
The PowerLite Presenter will now be available at leading retail outlets such as Best Buy, OfficeMax, Staples, and Amazon.com. Priced at $899 (estimated street price), the PowerLite Presenter features an integrated DVD player, two 10-watt virtual surround sound speakers, microphone input, and closed captioning. It also includes USB Plug ‘n Play, a feature that displays images and audio on both the projector and computer screen by simply connecting a USB cable. Leveraging Epson’s latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology, the PowerLite Presenter delivers amazing images with vibrant color and detail.
More about the PowerLite Presenter
The Epson PowerLite Presenter is the ultimate business presentation tool offering a range of easy-to-use features, including:
- USB Plug ‘n Play instant setup: Epson technology instantly projects images from a Windows PC via a USB connection, allowing for easier set up and eliminating the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- Epson 3LCD Technology: Features Epson’s latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness2
- Widescreen WXGA resolution: Ideal for use with the latest generation widescreen computers and for projecting high-definition content; the native 16:10 aspect ratio offers 30 percent more image area than a standard 4:3 image and 10 percent more image area than a 16:9 image; content can also be displayed in 4:3 and 16:9 format without losing image quality
- PC-Free Presentations: Offers convenient connectivity with USB memory devices such as a thumb drive or USB hard drive for easily viewing and sharing jpeg images without a computer
- Advanced Connectivity: Offers inputs for connecting to multiple devices including an all-digital HDMI connection for high-definition quality video and digital audio, a USB Type A port for use with USB memory devices such as a thumb drive or USB hard drive for easily viewing and sharing jpeg images without a computer, and direct connectivity for a camcorder, digital camera or gaming console
- Powerful Communications: Microphone input allows for voice amplification when narrating a presentation using the built-in, dual 10-watt speakers and closed captioning decoder
- Auto Color and Image Adjustments: Automatically adjusts color mode according to the ambient light and corrects keystone for easy set-up and optimal performance
- Travel Friendly: The PowerLite Presenter weighs 9.5 pounds and includes a built-in carrying handle, soft carrying case and remote control for easy portability and operation on the road
- A/V Mute Slide/Sleep Mode: Instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy; the projector enters A/V Mute mode when the lens cover is closed and returns to normal mode automatically and immediately upon reopening the lens cover
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours3 in economy mode, and replacement E-TORL lamps can cost up to $100 less than competing replacement lamps
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite Presenter will be available in October 2009 through retailers. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange typically in two business days. For additional information about the Epson PowerLite Presenter, visit www.epson.com.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson America Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation and a leading provider of digital imaging products that exceed the vision of its customers. The company’s extensive range of printers, scanners and 3 LCD projectors are renowned for their superior quality, functionality, compactness, and energy efficiency. The Seiko Epson organization is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row, has been part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria.