Photokina Issues Tips for Navigating World's Largest Imaging Trade Show in Germany
Aug 2, 2010
The following tips were issued by photokina's organizers on how to prepare for the upcoming show, which will be held in Cologne, Germany from September 21-26th.
• Flights: Book your flight early enough. Best rates are available when you book before Early August. Economy class tickets from the East Coast should start with $ 800. Fly into Frankfurt – Germany’s largest and most centrally located airport. Most major cities in the US service direct flights to Frankfurt. The airport has its own train station. Take a high speed “ICE train” which will reach Cologne in 58 minutes – trains race safely along the “Autobahn” and leave even the fastest cars behind. Alternatively you might also consider flying into Duesseldorf and take the RE trains to Cologne. Use discount offers available to North American attendees of Photokina. From September 14 - October 3, 2010 discounted air fares are available to Photokina attendees at www.lufthansa.com/meetingsandevents by using access code "DEAPQ,". The German Railway (DB) offers discounted train rides to Cologne. Tickets can be purchased at www.photokina-cologne.com or by calling +49 1805-311153 and mentioning "photokina."
• Staying in Cologne: For pre-booked hotels in Cologne you should get in touch with Photokina’s US travel partner TTI Travel at 212.674.3476 or [email protected] – this outfit is specialized on trade shows and provides advise how the hotel connects the fairground and other interesting sites in Cologne. The agencies provides maps, easiest way to fairground and Cologne restaurant list.
• Time Management: Leave an extra day to make sure you visit of the attractions in Cologne such as the Cologne Cathedral (Dom) which dates back to 1248 and took until 1880 to finish. At night make sure you visit the Oldtown (Altstadt) – a large row of unique restaurants and bars. Try one of the Brauhauses where you will meet people from all 5 continents during Photokina.
• Prepare: use the exhibitor information at www.photokina-cologne.com to plan out your trip and seek out the companies you would like to visit. You can sort the 1,500 exhibitors by product category or geography and request exhibitor meetings.
• Pace Yourself: During Photokina – wear comfortable shoes – the aisles in Cologne are not carpeted and there are 11 halls to walk.
• Be prepared to spend time with exhibitors: Exhibitors at the show like to entertain and engage in longer talks. Take some time to learn something about the products but also about the people who you might want to do business with.
• Use onsite Services: take advantage of the International Buyers' Lounge at the Congress Center East. The Buyers lounge provides detailed trade fair and product information, cell phone charger stations, PC with Internet access. on the tickets will be automatically calculated or attractive promotional offers presented. The Lounge is open daily between 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• Best Website link to Photokina with all event info: http://news.photokina.de/en/